Are you looking for the best way to keep your emails stand out in an over-cluttered inbox?
Do you want the vast majority of people to open your messages and emails?
Do you want to make your email campaign successful?
If yes, then combine videos and emails, as video email marketing can do wonders! It will not only improve the email open rate and engagement but also increases ROI and sales.
This powerful technique involves using video in email campaigns, from informative product demos and video tutorials to visually stunning brand storytelling.
Thus, to let you enter this world we have gathered some special information of the best practices, ways to add video to email, and benefits of using video email marketing. With not wasting even a second join us on this informative journey!
Best practices to use videos for your Email Marketing
1. Add "video" to your email subject line 📰
- Thus, marketers prefer adding videos to increase the open rate of emails.
- If you add a video term in the email subject, users will have an image of something extra and entertaining special for them.
- This is one of the basic ways to use video, even as a word in your email.
2. Display company culture with a video 🏦
- With this, you can give your audience a glimpse of the people behind your brand.
- This will make your brand more relatable and trustworthy. It can also improve your email open rates and click-through rates.
- Videos are more engaging than text or images alone to capture your audience's attention and keep them engaged.
- By including a company culture video in your email, you can stand out and make a lasting impression on your audience.
3. Announce an event with a video 🎫
- Additionally, including testimonials or footage from past events in your video can help show social proof and encourage more people to attend.
- By showcasing the positive experiences of past attendees, you can build credibility and trust in your event.
- A video can also provide more information about your event. For example, you could use a video to introduce your keynote speakers, preview sessions, or highlight event sponsors.
- Videos are highly shareable, meaning your audience is likelier to share your event announcement video with their friends and colleagues.
- By creating an informative and entertaining video, there are more chances of sharing it on social media, email, or other channels.
4. Announce a Product Line or Launch with a Video 📹
By providing a sneak peek of what's to come, you can generate excitement and build anticipation among your audience.
Explain the problem your product solves, how it works, and why it's better than the competition. This way, you can help your audience make informed buying decisions.
- Showcase the product in action, highlighting its unique features and sharing customer testimonials. This way, you can help your audience understand why they need your product.
- A video can boost brand awareness by showcasing your brand personality, values, and voice. Use visual storytelling techniques, such as music, graphics, and animations. With this, you can create a more engaging experience that resonates with your audience.
- Directing your audience to a landing page or product page where they can learn more or make a buy. With this, you can make it easier for them to take action and make conversions.
5. Send out Newsletters with Videos 💌
Behind-the-Scenes: Share videos that take your audience behind the scenes of your company or show your products are made.
Customer Testimonials: Share positive experiences of customers using your products or services.
Thought Leadership: Share industry insights and perspectives of your company executives to position your brand as a thought leader.
Onboarding videos: With this, you can help new users get started with your product or service. This can increase user satisfaction, reduce churn, and drive more revenue for your business.
6. Use engaging Thumbnails 🖼️
- It grabs the visitor's attention and helps you build better relationships with them.
- While adding videos to your emails is a way to increase conversions and attract readers, it's important to add eye-catching thumbnails.
- These are the first thing people will notice when they open your email, and they can be the key to encouraging readers to take action.
7. Enable Autoplay, But Turn the Sound Off 🔕
- Enabling autoplay ensures that your video starts playing as soon as your subscriber opens the email. This can increase the chances of them watching the video and engaging with your content.
- Turning off the sound gives control to the subscriber to decide to watch the video with or without sound.
- This creates a better user experience and ensures that your subscribers can consume your content in a way that works for them.
- Some subscribers may be hearing impaired or prefer to read captions. By turning off the sound and adding captions to the video, you can make your content more accessible to various subscribers.
8. Thank Your Customers or Provide Information about a Recent Purchase 📄
- A personalized video message can make your customers feel special and valued, which can help to build trust and loyalty.
- Effective videos can convey more engaging information. It improves your customers' understanding and retention of the information.
- A thank-you video or more information video can help reinforce your brand's positive image and reputation, leading to increased customer loyalty and positive word-of-mouth.
- You can use the video to offer complementary products or services to the customer, which can help to drive additional sales and revenue.
9. Reduce Your Thumbnail File Size 📁
- Smaller file sizes can improve deliverability. Every email with large file sizes can trigger spam filters or be rejected by email clients altogether, reducing your email's reach and engagement.
- Finally, smaller file sizes can help you save on storage space and bandwidth, which can be especially important if you're sending a high volume of emails or have limited resources.
- By reducing your thumbnail file size, you can improve your video email marketing campaigns' performance, deliverability, and cost-effectiveness. So, optimize your thumbnails before sending them out to your subscribers!
- If you do not want your email end up as a spam then try to comprise the thumbnail size. According to Litmus well-optimized emails don’t have more than 2.7MB of images. If your thumbnail is larger than that, adjust the size or compress it with a free tool available on internet. (If you have a video platform, it’ll do this automatically.)
10. A/B Test your Emails with Video and Measure the Results 📊
- Measuring the results of your video email marketing campaigns is equally important. You can track key metrics such as open rates, click-through rates, and conversions to determine your campaigns' effectiveness and identify improvement areas.
- With this information, you can decide which elements to tweak or eliminate and which to double down on. This can help you optimize your campaigns for maximum engagement and ROI, leading to more sales and a stronger relationship with your audience.
- Video in email is a best practice, but situations and audiences vary. Use A/B tests to see what converts better: Video or no video, static thumbnail or animated thumbnail, more or less text, and so on.
- Record your results in a test log, so your teammates can build upon your knowledge.
Best Type of Emails to Add Videos Within
- Email blasts
- Marketing emails
- Event invites
- Event follow-ups
- Customer support emails
- Triggered emails
- Nurture emails
- Email signatures
- Onboarding emails
Know How to add videos to your Email Campaign
1. Add GIF to the Video Scene
Creating engaging and informative marketing videos is key. But did you know that incorporating GIFs can help you create an emotional connection with your customers and entice even more people to engage with your content?
GIFs are like images that our brains perceive as moving pictures 🎞️. Not only are they entertaining, but they're also easy to embed into your emails.
By including GIFs in your emails, you can make your content more personal and grab your reader's attention , leading to higher conversion rates and more sales.
So, the next time you add a video within the email, why not incorporate some eye-catching GIFs?
It's an easy and effective way to take your video marketing through email to the next level and create a more memorable and impactful experience for your subscribers.
2. Add a Static Image with a Play Button
Looking for a powerful way to ignite the interest of your email readers and attract more subscribers? Why not try adding static images with a play button ▶️ - it's one of the easiest and most effective ways to grab your audience's attention.
Using this tactic, you can state what your email recipients will get from the video and encourage them to click the play button and watch it.
And the best part? It's easy to set up. Simply take a screenshot of your video and add a play button on top.
This approach increases targeted traffic to your website and makes your emails more optimized. So, if you're looking for a simple yet powerful way to take your email marketing to the next level, give static images with a play button a try!
3. Embed a Video in an Email
Embedding Videos in Gmail
- Click the paperclip icon at the bottom of the email window.
- Select the video you want to add and click “Open.”
- Click the Google Drive icon instead of the paperclip.
- Select your video and click “Insert.”
Embedding Videos in Outlook
- Open your video and click the URL.
- Right-click and select “Copy”.
- Create a new email and paste your link into the email body.
Embedding YouTube Videos in Emails
- Copy the YouTube video URL.
- Paste the URL into your email.
- Once the email is opened, the video player for the video will be displayed.
What does Video Email Marketing have to give you?
- Higher Engagement Rates: Use of professional video content is more engaging than plain text or images. Creating a video and using it in your emails can capture your audience's attention and keep them engaged, leading to higher engagement rates.
- Improved Click-through Rates (CTR): Adding video to your email can encourage recipients to click on the video and lead to your website or landing page, leading to higher click-through rates.
- Increased Conversions: Video content can be highly persuasive and effective in convincing viewers to take action. Adding video in your email campaigns can increase conversions and generate more leads and sales.
- Better Brand Recognition: Videos offer a unique opportunity to showcase your brand's personality and values, helping to improve brand recognition and establish a more personal connection with your audience.
- Enhanced Customer Experience: Videos can provide valuable information to customers in an engaging and easy-to-digest format, improving the customer experience and making it more enjoyable.
- Easy to Share: Videos are easily shareable on social media platforms, email, and other channels. Including share buttons in your emails can help to expand your reach and attract new customers.
- Improved ROI: Using video email marketing can help to improve your return on investment (ROI) by increasing engagement, conversions, and brand recognition, leading to more revenue and business growth.
Maybe our words seem not convincing to you but these special facts can. Here are some surprising statistics that will help you have a clear insight into how it helps companies boost open rates and conversions. 📈
- There are around 86% of marketing professionals reported that they used video as a marketing tool.
- 41% of the subscriber engagement can be improved by incorporating video thumbnails in emails.
- The open rate of emails increased by 19% by adding video words in the email subject line.
- The Click-through rate can be improved by 300% just by incorporating video content in emails.
- Adding videos on the landing page can increase conversions by 80-86%.
- The email channel is used by 93% of marketers for distributing content.
This is why more businesses are creating and using more videos while many marketers are contemplating adding videos to their video content marketing strategy.
Ready to get started with Video Email Marketing?
Incorporating video into your email marketing strategy can improve your open rates and drive better results.
Following the video email marketing best practices, such as creating engaging content, optimizing your videos, and segmenting your audience, can enhance your campaigns and attract more customers.
Additionally, using effective video email marketing tools and measuring your results 📊 can help refine your strategy and achieve even better results over time.
So why wait? Start using these best ways today and take your email campaigns to the next level!
Still, if you have any doubts about creating videos, feel free to contact us. Our video experts will help you clear all your doubts and ensure to provide the best services quickly.
Editor: Vaishnavi Jain