Are you still sitting back and waiting for your subscribers to come to you?
If yes, it's time to rethink your strategy. With 3.7 million new videos uploaded to YouTube daily, users have a vast array of content to choose from. If your videos aren't relevant or easily accessible, they may be skipped over.
While YouTube provides an enormous opportunity for video marketing, standing out and growing your channel can be challenging with many users and channels.
Therefore, creating strategic content and promoting it in favorable conditions is essential with so much content available.
To increase your views and subscribers, you need a solid strategy. This blog post will share 24 tips to help you grow your YouTube channel in 2023. 📈
Whether you're a beginner or have been creating content for a while, these tips will provide actionable steps to improve your marketing efforts and achieve success on the platform.
24 amazing tips and tactics to optimize your YouTube channel
Becoming a viral king or queen on YouTube, the world's second-largest search engine, is certainly not easy.
But, it's not entirely IMPOSSIBLE. We aim to help you achieve your dream by providing valuable insights on implementing the recommended guidelines and elevating your channel to new heights of popularity and recognition.
It's always advisable to hop on the right train at the right moment to ensure you reach your destination on time. Catch up with us and learn those secrets to grow your channel.
1. Choose the Right Keyword 🔠
90% of video marketers use YouTube as a great marketing platform. The need to sustain in this competitive marketing world becomes as difficult as for a fish without water.
Henceforth, keyword research and determining which keywords are popular in your niche become the necessary tool to be used before creating youtube content. In return, this will help you amend your video for search engine optimization and increase its visibility over the social media platform.
2. Select Good Titles📰
Creating a good title becomes part of a great video strategy for a favorable YouTube search. Focusing on the quality should be descriptive, attention-grabbing, and include your keyword.
Considering its length, it should also be under 60 characters, about 8-10 words, to avoid being cut off in search results. This recommendation is important as even after being allowed to use up to 100 characters in the title, only the first 60 will be visible in the search results.
3. Proper Description with Relevant Information 📄
Content on Youtube includes different types of videos watched by the Youtube audience, and most demand a description to provide information in written and accessible form.
Your video description should include a summary of the video, any important information related to the content, and links to any resources you mentioned in the video.
Along with it, there is also a need to add relevant keywords in the description for better YouTube SEO.
4. Include Necessary Links in Video Descriptions 🔗
Including links to related content, your website, or social media accounts can help drive traffic and engagement to your channel.
These links should be not only of the content of the video but also of your social media handles, any upcoming event, your website, landing page, and other contact information to market your business on youtube.
5. Adding Tags 🏷️
These do not refer to simple hashtags but to channel tags. By clicking on Youtube studio at the top right corner, you will get an option for 'Settings' and then 'Channel', where you can add tags to your videos to help users find your content when they search for specific keywords or topics.
By assisting YouTube in comprehending your video's content and context, you can enhance the likelihood that your video will be categorized correctly and associated with similar content, amplifying its exposure.
6. Create Clickable Video Thumbnails 🖼️
Thumbnails visually represent your video and are the first impression viewers get when browsing YouTube. A well-designed one can attract the attention of potential viewers and increase the chances of them clicking on your video to watch it.
It is important to use high-quality images relevant to your video's content to make them stand out. Avoid blurry or low-resolution images, as they can make your thumbnail look unprofessional and unappealing.
Additionally, use bold and easy-to-read text to grab viewers' attention and give them an idea of your video.
It's also important to ensure that your thumbnail accurately represents the content of your video. Using misleading thumbnails that do not accurately depict the video's content can make viewers feel misled or disappointed.
7. Beautify Your YouTube Banner🎏
The banner is an important element of your channel's visual identity. Therefore, ensuring that your banner accurately represents your brand and is visually appealing to your target audience is important.
- Using colors, fonts, and imagery that align with your brand's values and messaging.
- Additionally, your banner should clearly communicate what your channel is about.
- This can be achieved through high-quality images or graphics, a clear and easy-to-read font, and a well-designed layout.
- It's also important to ensure your banner is optimized for different devices, as viewers may be accessing your channel from various devices, such as desktops, mobile phones, or tablets.
- Lastly, your banner should be updated regularly to keep it fresh and relevant to your brand. This can include incorporating seasonal themes or updating your banner to reflect any events or promotions of your brand.
8. Include a Strong Call To Action 🔽
When creating videos, it's important to create high-quality content, engage your viewers, and encourage them to interact with your content.
One way to do this is by including a successful call to action (CTA) in your videos. A CTA is a statement that encourages your viewers to take a specific action.
For example, you could ask your viewers to like, comment, or subscribe to your channel.
Asking viewers to like your video can increase engagement, as it helps it appear more popular and lead to more views. It's important to remember that your CTA should be relevant to your video's content and presented clearly and compellingly.
9. Set a Consistent Posting Schedule📆
When you create a schedule and stick to it, you can establish a predictable pattern of content delivery that your audience can rely on.
This consistency helps to keep your audience engaged, as they know when to expect new content from you.
Creating a schedule involves determining how often you will upload new videos to your channel and at what times. For example, you might upload a new video every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10 am. This gives your audience a clear expectation of when to see new content from you.
Sticking to your schedule is equally important. If you promise your audience new content at a certain time but fail to deliver, you risk losing their trust and engagement.
However, consistently uploading content according to your schedule will build a reputation as a reliable and trustworthy content creator.
10. Create Seasonal Content❄️
Creating videos around seasonal topics or events is a smart strategy to tap into current trends and increase engagement on your channel.
Seasonal events can include holidays such as Christmas, Halloween, or Thanksgiving, as well as special events like the Super Bowl, the Oscars, or the World Cup.
In addition to holidays and special events, seasonal trends and topics can be leveraged for video content.
For example, if you have a beauty channel, you might create videos around summer makeup looks, or if you have a cooking channel, you might create videos showcasing fall recipes using seasonal ingredients.
When you create timely and relevant content, people are likelier to watch, share, and comment on your videos.
11. Ask About Your Audience's Needs👬
Engaging with your audience by asking them what content they want to see on your channel is an effective way to build a strong relationship with them and create content that resonates with them. There are several ways to ask your audience for feedback.
- One way is to use the community tab feature on YouTube to create polls or ask open-ended questions.
- You can also ask for feedback in the comments section of your videos or on your social media channels.
- Additionally, you can use tools like Google Forms or SurveyMonkey to create more in-depth surveys.
Once you receive feedback from your audience, take the time to analyze it and identify common themes and patterns.
Use this information to guide your content creation process. This will help you to create content that resonates with your audience and keeps them engaged with your channel.
12. Create Playlists📝
When you create playlists, you can group together videos that share a common theme, topic, or format, making it easier for viewers to discover and watch more of your content.
First, it helps to improve the user experience for your viewers. Instead of searching through your entire channel to find a specific video or related content, they can click on a playlist and watch multiple videos on a specific topic.
Creating playlists also keeps viewers on your channel longer, as they are likelier to watch multiple videos within a playlist rather than just one video and then leave your channel.
This increased watch time can help boost your channel's overall watch time, an important metric that YouTube considers when recommending videos to users.
Follow this short yet ultimate guide to creating a playlist.
- Go to your YouTube Studio dashboard and click the "Playlists" tab.
- From there, click the "New Playlist" button and give your playlist a name and description.
- You can then add videos to your playlist by clicking the "Add Videos" button and selecting the videos you want to include.
13. Try YouTube Shorts📹
Shorts are a new feature on YouTube introduced in 2020 due to the growing popularity of short-form video content on platforms like TikTok and Instagram Reels.
Shorts are a youtube advertising specifically designed to be viewed on mobile devices in a vertical format and are limited to a maximum length of 60 seconds.
Follow this to create a Short on YouTube.
- Open the YouTube app on your mobile device.
- Click the "+" button. Select "Create a Short" from there and start recording your video.
- You can add text, music, and other creative elements to your Shorts to make them more engaging.
14. Use Chapters/Timestamps⏰
Adding chapters to your videos on YouTube is a great way to help viewers quickly navigate your content and find what they're looking for.
Chapters are timestamps that allow viewers to jump to specific sections of your video, making it easier to find the information they need and improving their viewing experience.
When you do this, YouTube automatically creates a table of contents for your video, which can help your video appear in search results for specific topics or keywords. This can increase your video's discoverability and reach a wider audience.
Follow this to add chapters to your video.
- You must include timestamps in the video description.
- You can use the following format: 00:00 - Chapter Title.
- For example, if your video has a section on "How to bake a cake," you would add a timestamp like this: 03:25 - How to Bake a Cake.
15. Review Your Analytics👀
To grow your channel, utilize YouTube Analytics! Monitor the following metrics to enhance your youtube presence, content, and channel growth:
- Track your total video views to determine your audience's preferred content.
- Analyze your total subscribers to identify which videos prompt viewers to subscribe to your channel.
- Keep an eye on the average view duration to understand how long viewers watch your videos and to observe user engagement patterns based on your introductions, thumbnails, and video titles.
- Evaluate the new versus returning viewers ratio to determine if you're attracting a new audience or rekindling engagement with long-term subscribers.
- Review your traffic source types to identify where your audience primarily views your videos.
16. Do Cross-Promotion on Your Other Platforms⛓️
Use your other social platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok) to promote your YouTube content.
Share clips, trailers, or links to your videos, and encourage your followers to check out your channel. This will add some extra work in social media management but will surely provide you with profitable results.
Some reasons why using other social media platforms to promote your channel is beneficial: Increases visibility, Attracts more viewers, Builds your brand, and establishes yourself as an authority in your niche, Encourages engagement.
17. Captivate Your Followers😯
Engaging with your audience is critical to building a successful channel on YouTube. When you respond to comments, create polls, and ask for feedback, you create a dialogue with your audience and build a sense of community around your content.
Responding to comments, creating polls, asking for feedback, and hosting Q&A sessions are ways to create a conversational connection with your viewers.
18. Do Collaborate with Other YouTubers👬
Collaborating with other YouTubers in your niche is a powerful way to grow your channel, reach new viewers, and build relationships with creators in your community. Here are some benefits of collaborating with other YouTubers:
Reaching a wider audience and building relationships with other creators can help you stay up-to-date on industry trends, learn new skills, and collaborate on future projects. , and create diverse content.
Collaborating with other YouTubers also allows for cross-promotion of each other's channels and content. This means you can promote each other's channels to your respective audiences, helping to build each other's following and increase engagement.
19. Link with Your Other Social Accounts🔗
Linking your channel to your other social media accounts is a simple but effective way to expand your reach and promote your content to a wider audience.
By linking your channel to your social media handles, you can encourage your followers to check out your channel and subscribe to your content.
Here are some ways to link your channel to your social media accounts:
- Add links to social media profiles in your YouTube channel's "About" section.
- Share links to your videos on your social media handles, encouraging your followers to check out your channel and subscribe to your content.
- Add social media icons or buttons to your channel banner or video thumbnails, making it easy for viewers to find and follow you on social media.
20. Add Videos to Your Blog📽️
Embedding your videos into your blog posts can be a great way to promote videos to a wider audience. Doing this makes it easy for your blog readers to watch videos without leaving your website and going to YouTube.
- The video will be displayed directly on your website, meaning that people who might not be on YouTube or not know about your channel can still watch videos.
- Additionally, it can help you improve your website's user experience. Incorporating videos into your blog posts gives your readers a more interactive experience and helps them better understand your content.
- Finally, embedding your videos in your blog posts can also help you improve your SEO. When you embed a video on your website, it can help increase the time people spend on your site, improving your site's overall search engine rankings.
21. Use Algorithm-Friendly Content📐
YouTube's algorithm is designed to promote channels with high watch time, engagement rate, and follower count.
If you want to grow your channel and reach a wider audience, you must create high-quality content that keeps people watching and engaging with your videos.
- Watch time refers to the time people spend watching your videos. The longer people watch your videos, the more YouTube's algorithm will favor your channel.
- The engagement rate refers to the level of interaction people have with your videos, such as liking, commenting, sharing, and subscribing to your channel. The higher your engagement rate, the more YouTube's algorithm will promote your channel.
- The count is also an important factor in YouTube's algorithm. The more followers you have, the more YouTube's algorithm will favor your channel.
22. Embed Video into Your Email Marketing📨
Email marketing is an effective way to engage with your audience and promote your content, products, or services. If you have an email list, you can leverage it to drive more traffic to your channel by including links to your videos in your emails.
By sharing your videos with your email subscribers, you can reach a targeted audience who has already shown an interest in your brand or content.
Including links to your YouTube videos in your emails also has the added benefit of improving your YouTube SEO. When users click on your links and watch videos, it signals to YouTube that your videos are valuable and relevant, which can help increase their visibility in search results.
23. Go Live📷
YouTube's live streaming feature enables content creators to broadcast live video to their viewers in real-time.
Live streaming provides a unique opportunity to connect with your audience on a more personal level, allowing you to interact with them in real time and respond to their comments and questions as they come in.
- Using this feature, you can host Q&A sessions, conduct interviews, showcase live events, and perform other interactive activities that allow you to engage with your followers.
- Live streaming also allows you to reach new viewers, increasing your channel's visibility on YouTube. YouTube promotes live streams on the homepage and in search results, which can attract new viewers to your channel.
- Furthermore, live streaming can also help you to monetize your content. You can monetize your live streams by running ads during the broadcast, receiving donations, or offering paid subscriptions to exclusive content.
Proper monetization is essential to growing your channel and receiving the funds to continue the growth.
Also, monetizing your videos makes YouTube value them more because that’s where they make their money from youtube ads. So by having some ads on your videos, YouTube will promote your video more so THEY can make more money.
Be sure to NEVER put “non-skippable video ads” on, but leave those off and everything else on.
Also, waiting 30 minutes after your video is uploaded before adding monetization allows the YouTube algorithm to recognize that your video has all the essential optimization elements and, in turn, makes your video more expensive for advertisers to place ads on.
Ready to become a YouTube Sensation?
YouTube has become an essential platform for businesses and individuals to reach their preferred audience and grow their brands.
With the constantly evolving digital landscape, staying up-to-date with the latest trends and strategies for effective marketing on YouTube is important.
By implementing the 14 tips outlined in this blog and following the complete guide to youtube marketing, you can increase your channel's visibility and your follower base in 2023.
With dedication, creativity, and perseverance, you can succeed on YouTube and leverage the platform to achieve your business or personal goals.
If you still feel that following these tips to grow your youtube channel will not be really easy and you need professional help, then feel free to contact us.