Video content has become inescapable, transitioning from pure entertainment to a professional medium. Its widespread use is evident everywhere. In fact, statistics speak for themselves.
With this guide, you will understand how to use video marketing and create a killer video marketing strategy. So let's dive in!
Catch up with the 14 steps to create a Video Marketing Strategy
1. Start with Your Video Goals 🏁
Starting with your video goals is critical because it helps you align your video content with your business objectives. For example, if you want to increase sales, you may want to create a product video.
It helps you focus on your video and digital marketing efforts. As some videos can be more effective than others in achieving your desired outcomes.
By defining your video goals, you can ensure that your video content is aligned with your marketing funnel to drive the desired outcomes.
- In the Awareness stage, the videos should be compelling enough to introduce your brand to a new audience.
- During the Consideration stage, users research, seek recommendations, watch product reviews, and look for cost-effective solutions.
- In the Decision stage, provide evidence of customer satisfaction and prove why your product or service is best.
2. Define your target audience 👩👩👦👦
- Educational background
- Purchasing habits and preferences (if applicable)
- Type of content they like
3. Keeping a Suitable Budget 💲
4. Check out the competition 👩👩👦👦
Use their suggestions to craft an engaging campaign to capture their attention.
Staying organized throughout the whole process is crucial. When you know your target audience and objectives, it is time to form a strategy.
Prepare the answers to the following questions:
- Where do you plan to post your video content?
- How often do you plan to publish?
- When do you plan to shoot the videos?
- Do you plan to feature someone in your videos?
- Do you need to contact some people for collaboration?
- How long will your videos last (approximately)?
- Who will be responsible for video marketing?
Planning is the key to success. Not only will it save you precious time, but it will also help you stay focused on what's important: creating awesome video content! So, take the time to plan out your shoot, and you'll be well on your way to making your vision a reality.
6. Customize the video content 📽️
7. Diversify your video content🔺
- Product explainer videos
- Humorous videos
- Brand videos
- Educational videos
- Customer testimonials
- How-to videos
- Tips and tricks videos
- Recorded webinars
- Case study videos
- Behind-the-scenes videos
- About us videos
- Live videos
- Social media videos
8. Decide the length of the video📏
9. Prepare the dialogue🗣️
10. Be careful with editing📽️
11. Have an SEO video strategy🔎
Here are a few practical steps to a video SEO:
- The titles should be short and informative
- Include a link to your website in the video description
- Use keywords in your video description
- Optimize the videos for mobile-viewing
- Implement link-building
12. Use social media📲
13. Focus on platforms that work best for you👌
14. Keep track of the metricsⓂ️
- Attraction - Views, Impressions, Unique Users, Awareness Lift, and Ad Recall Lift
- Engagement - View-Through Rate, Watch Time, Favorability Lift, Consideration Lift, and Brand Interest Lift
- Decision - Clicks, Calls, Signups, Sales, and Purchase Intent Lift
- Retention - Customer retention rates, Return visits, Social engagement, and Favorability lift
Pay attention! to the type of content that got the most views and comments. Also, look at what your audience likes and dislikes about the videos. Besides that, collect data on click-through rates from email and social media, the website's conversion rate, and total views.
The feedback and the data will help you understand your audience better. It will also help to identify your video marketing strategy's strong and weak points.
Why should your business not ignore the importance of Video Marketing?
- There are around 91% of companies use videos as their marketing strategy.
- The consumption of mobile videos increases by 100% each year.
- 54% of people look forward to video content from the business or brand they are interested in.
- By improving their video marketing efforts on social media, 88% of video marketers are successful in generating better ROI.
- 80% of conversion can be improved by adding videos on the landing page.
- 8 out of 10 people have reached the decision to purchase after watching the brand's videos.
Ready to ace your Marketing Video Strategy in 2023?
Some may think video marketing demands expensive equipment and tons of investment. The truth is that it mostly asks for creativity and persistence. The results you can get from video marketing will be worth every second and cent you put into this project.
The key is to allow yourself to display your authenticity and strategically use those videos, just like the tips mentioned above have taught you.
You can also avail of video marketing services and create powerful videos. Choosing the best video production company will help you achieve your business goals by creating videos.
Hope you find this guide useful. Please feel free to add anything we have missed here. And if you are looking for a video marketing company, contact us!
Editor: Vaishnavi Jain