The magical world of HubSpot is lively and ever-changing — trends, innovations, technology, and strategies are never still. That's why it's essential that you and your business stay up to date with recent advancements in the HubSpot industry — after all, the last thing you want is for you and your company to lag while your competitors stay ahead in the game.
But how can one be sure they're keeping up with the recent advancements? A great way to remain relevant and keep up with the latest trends is to keep an eye on HubSpot statistics.
Whether you're looking for HubSpot video marketing statistics, customer experience statistics, blogging statistics, entrepreneurship statistics, sales statistics, or HubSpot email marketing statistics, you'll find it all. We've composed a plethora of HubSpot statistics to help you connect with your clients, reach your target audience, and boost conversions.
For your convenience, we have categorized the HubSpot marketing statistics based on the services. Therefore, you can quickly jump onto the statistics of a particular category if you want.
50 HubSpot Statistics You Need to Know
Let’s get started.
- 1. Over 40% of salespeople consider sales prospecting the most tricky part of the sales process, followed by closing (36%) and qualifying (22%). So, if you also find prospecting to be the most challenging part of your job, you're not alone.
- HubSpot research discovered that 72% of companies with below 50 new opportunities per month failed to achieve their revenue goals, contrasted to 15% with 51 to 100 new opportunities and only 4% for companies with 101 to 200 fresh opportunities.
- 60% of buyers intend to connect with sales during the consideration stage, once they've researched the options and shortlisted them.
- It takes almost 18 calls to connect with a buyer, on average.
- Nine in 10 businesses use two or more lead improvement tools to find out more about prospects.
- At the minimum, 50% of your prospects are not a good match for what you sell.
- 77.3% of respondents stated their company delivers at least one-fourth of their leads.
- 80% of sales need 5 follow-up calls, while 44% of salespeople give in after only one follow-up call.
- 75% of online buyers hope to receive between 2-4 phone calls before a company gives in, while 12% prefer a company to try several times to get a hold of them.
- 57% of people stated they would be encouraged to purchase from a salesperson who doesn't try to pressurize or hassle them while following up
- 86% of businesses make use of video as a marketing tool.
- 93% of marketers who use video reveal that it's a significant part of their marketing strategy.
- 87% of video marketers stated that video gives them a positive ROI.
- Around 60% of video marketers reveal that they anticipate their budget to be affected for 2021, with roughly 70% of them assuming a higher video marketing budget. The other 30% believe it to be lower.
- 68% of consumers state the pandemic has affected the amount of video content they've viewed online, with the great majority (96%) saying this has increased.
- 91% of marketers believe the pandemic has made video more valuable for brands.
- More than 99% of existing video marketers said they'd keep using videos in 2021, and 96% plan to expand or maintain their budget.
- A reasonably substantial 40% of video marketers revealed their plans to create videos were influenced by the previous year's events — with roughly 74% of them stating they were more likely to use video and 26% saying it was less likely.
- Expectedly, YouTube and Facebook are the most extensively used platforms amongst video marketers — used by 87% and 70%, respectively.
- Most remarkably, perhaps given global events and a heightened desire for remote connection, 2020 seems to have been the year of the webinar. In 2019, just 46% employed webinars — but in 2020, this soared significantly to 62%.
- 80% of internet consumers interact with both social media sites and blogs.
- 59% of marketers consider blogging valuable.
- Blogs can result in a 434% rise in indexed pages and a 97% growth in indexed links.
- Businesses with blogs get an average of 67% more leads per month than companies that don't blog.
- Blogging is the third most popular content marketing strategy, after videos and eBooks.
- 90% of businesses make use of content marketing strategies, such as blogging.
- Companies that blog attract 55% more website visitors than businesses that don't.
- Blog content having images gets 94% more views.
- 88% of marketers make use of visuals in more than 50% of their blogs.
- 55% of bloggers reveal they get results from blog posts with over 2,000 words.
- 70% of small business owners account for working over 40 hours per week, with 19% working around 60 hours per week.
- 78% of entrepreneurs reveal working for themselves has improved their income management skills.
- 87% of early-stage entrepreneurs intend to create jobs for others.
- 74% of companies aggressively invest in social media marketing.
- Nearly 64% of companies aggressively invest time in SEO.
- One-fourth of entrepreneurs state having a hard time finding qualified employees.
- 70% of small enterprises offer products and services online.
- 67% of small business owners make use of social media for business networking.
- 82% of small business owners feel that attracting new customers is a more significant challenge than retaining existing customers.
- 82% of small businesses have remodeled their workplaces in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Customer Experience Statistics
- Around 76% of consumers expect companies to understand their requirements.
- $1.6 trillion is lost every year owing to poor customer service.
- Consumers will spend 17% more for a great experience.
- Customer-centric businesses earn 60% more profits than businesses that aren't.
- Prioritizing employee satisfaction offers a viable advantage of 87% and makes it simpler to retain top talent by 96%.
Email Marketing Statistics
- 73% of millennials favor communications from businesses to come via email.
- Marketers who make use of segmented campaigns have noted as much as a 760% increase in revenue.
- 80% of business professionals consider email marketing helps increase customer retention.
- 59% of respondents reveal marketing emails affect their purchase decisions.
- 78% of marketers have witnessed an increase in email engagement since 2019.
Is it safe to say that you are amazed at what you've learned, as well? Numbers probably won't tell the entire story, yet they positively enlighten numerous aspects of how HubSpot has drastically taken over the world of marketing.
Keep checking this page for fresh updates on HubSpot Marketing Statistics. As new information comes out, I'll keep on adding it to this list. To learn more about HubSpot, check out this blog.
And if you are planning to start working on HubSpot, get in touch with us now. We are HubSpot Certified Diamond Partner Agency and have served thousands of clients worldwide.