'What your pocket finds best is what you find best.'
Am I right? I consider it a YES!
Before you start searching for the one who said this, it's a personal thought we wanted to share with all of you. Now you must be wondering, WHY?
Most of us use Windows instead of Mac when owning a computer or laptop. The reason could be anything ranging from the price to software compatibility. Talking about software compatibilities, we have something for our animation lovers today.
No need to go searching manually for the best animation software for windows, as we are here with the list of the best 11 powerful tools comprising free and paid tools that are perfect for all types of animation and videos - explainer video, corporate video, educational video, etc.
So, please remember to blame others for promising for free and giving pay because everything and anything does not come for a zero price.
Top 11 Animation Software for Windows
Autodesk 3ds Max Animation Software
Maximum perfection is what Autodesk 3Ds Max is made for. Being the superhero of 3D modeling and animation options, it has several plugins and an active community of users and developers that allow you to create fantastic animations. In the gist, 3ds Max is the ultimate tool to create 2D and 3D visuals and bring your imagination to life.
Features of Autodesk 3ds Max
Please find the updated features of the Autodesk 3ds Max 2023 version attached below-
- Retopology tools
- Smart Extrude
- Software security
- Integrated Arnold renderer
- Open Shading Language (OSL) support
- Interactive viewports
There is more to know about this software, what we call 'The reality check.' So, please learn about the pros and cons of this significantly featured Autodesk 3ds Max now.
Here you go!
Pros of Autodesk 3ds Max
- It has various features and tools for 3D animation, modeling, and rendering.
- It comprises a robust toolset for creating detailed models, animation, and particle effects.
- The software easily imports and exports data by supporting various file formats and being compatible with other applications, such as game engines.
- The rendering tool is professional that involves ray tracing and photorealistic rendering.
Cons of Autodesk 3ds Max
- It does not come free of cost.
- The workflow can seem challenging.
- It may run slow on older computers.
- The tool could be more user-friendly.
- It is not affordable for long-term animation use for various users.
Pricing of Autodesk 3ds Max
30 days free trial, and after that, one needs to subscribe according to the given plans.
- 1 month - US$175.15
- 1 year - US$1285.23
- 3 years - US$3855.69
- 3D animation
Cinema 4D Animation Software
MAXON developed this powerful 3D animation and the best 2D animation software and modeling software. The entertainment industry uses it to create premium three-dimensional animations and visual effects for film, television, and video games. The software is known for its comprehensive tools and stunning performance to create the best marketing videos for the brand.
Features of Cinema 4D
Cinema 4D offers several features that cater to the needs of professionals, such as
- Professional modeling tools for designing models and characters.
- A wide range of animation options, including keyframe animation, inverse kinematics, and motion graphics.
- Several lighting options, including global illumination.
- Built-in compositing and motion graphics tools to design amazing visual animation effects.
- Including plugins and an SDK let users customize the software and create tools.
- MoGraph toolset provides various motion graphics and animation tools.
- Multiple renderers, comprising Physical, Arnold, Octane, and Redshift, get support.
Pros of Cinema 4D
- The software has an easy-to-use interface.
- It is well-equipped with various features for specific use, such as procedural and polygonal modeling, rigging, animation, lighting, texturing, and rendering.
- Maintenance of stability with no crashing issues.
Cons of Cinema 4D
- It is not pocket-friendly as the new variant comes with the pricing of $3700.
- The modeling workflow needs to catch up to its competitors.
Pricing of Cinema 4D
14 days free trial, and after that, one needs to subscribe according to the given plans.
- US$67.10/month (US$805.20/annually)
ZBrush Animation Software
A digital sculpting tool that works on a 'pixol' technology represents objects more realistically and allows you to do professional animation. You can read the features, pros, and cons below to dive deep into the knowledge ocean.
Features of ZBrush software
- 30 3d brushes for perfect attribution in various sizes, hardness, shapes, patterns, etc.
- Polypaint to paint the surface of the object.
- Zspheres to sketch out 3D models quickly.
- GoZ bridges ZBrush and other 3d tools in a specific file format.
- Rendering Preview
Pros of ZBrush software
- Effective sculpting tool that works in a detailed form.
- Quick and straightforward sculpting, creation, and modeling work process.
Cons of ZBrush software
- It has a complicated user interface.
- The rendering game of this software could be more determining.
- Being an advanced-level sculpting and animation option, it is expensive.
Pricing of ZBrush software
It is a good free animation software for windows with a 14-day free trial. Subscribe to the below plan afterward.
- US$35.73/month (US$428.81/annually)
- 3D animation
Filmora Animation Software
This fully-feature-loaded tool lets you control your camera directly from the video animation software and capture frames with a simple button click. But this is not it. Adding music, sound effects, and voiceovers are also a part of the magic that it can do.
Another achievement is that Filmora offers a user-friendly workspace that's easy to navigate, making it the best stop-motion software for experienced animators and those just starting. Creating a short film at the college level or a full-length featured video for a YouTube channel, Filmora is here for everything.
Features of Filmora
Know the characteristics of designing stop-motion animations. Here are a few of them.
- Direct camera control
- Audio support
- Animation speed control
- User-friendly interface
- Support for a wide range of cameras
- Flexible export options: including popular video formats like MP4, AVI, MOV, and social media-friendly formats like GIF and YouTube.
- Fast video editing
- Stock footages
Not all, but these are some of the best characteristics that make Filmora an option for creating high-quality video stop-motion animations.
Pros of Filmora
- Convenient interface
- Versatile animation tools let you design complicated animations, including video production timeline, editing, and motion graphics.
- Affordable, as compared to other stop-motion tools.
- Built-in effects and transitions
Cons of Filmora
- Limited hardware support
- Lack of advanced features
- Irregular Performance issues
Pricing of Filmora
Stop motion Animation software for Windows
- Monthly plan - $19.99 /Mo/PC
- Perpetual plan - $79.99 /PC
- Annual plan - $49.99 /Yr/PC
- Stop-motion, 2D, and 3D animation
qStopMotion Animation Software
Free tool to create stop-motion animation videos and films. Please do not consider it less than others due to its free availability. Making eye-catching, attractive, and loveable animations in video ads, promotional videos, and many more to engage their audience is easy for this tool.
Features of qStopMotion Software
Design stop-motion animation using this powerful software and its range of features. Here are some of the best features of qStopMotion:
- Less dependency on external tools.
- Save the final output in various file formats.
- Using the interface is easy.
Pros of qStopMotion Software
- The Qt functionality leads the user for minimized interaction with external tools.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Works with AVI and MPEG video formats
- Negative frame grabber
- Excellent camera control system
Cons of qStopMotion Software
- Glitches occur while playing video at lower fps.
- Users may experience overlaying problems sometimes.
Pricing of qStopMotion Software
It is a stop-motion animation software free download for windows.
- Stop-motion animation
SSuite GIF Animation Software
A gif animation creator and gif editor software that employs images to deliver impressive gifs for fun, creativity, or business. Considered best for beginners to start learning the process of making gifs in just a click with this gif maker for windows. This is an effective option if you want something for your basics.
Features of SSuite GIF animator
- Convert Videos to Animated GIFs
- Runs on all Windows systems - 32-bit and 64-bit
- Completely portable - USB or any memory device
Pros of SSuite GIF animator
- Its work process is fast and interactive.
- Easy loading of images in the list and creation of gif animations.
- Converts videos into gifs
Cons of SSuite GIF animator
- It just supports Jpg, jpeg, png, and BMP format images.
- The tool is not operable over other operating systems.
Pricing of SSuite GIF animator
It is gif animation software free download for windows.
- Gif animation
ScreenToGif Animation Software
It proudly says that "I am an open-source software." This is great to be free and has animating gifs like a piece of cake. Just record a screen or webcam and transform it into a mesmerizing animation GIF. This software is not restricted to a particular language but to more than 5 languages.
Features of ScreenToGIF
- Record your screen and save it directly to a gif-looped animation.
- Edit the frames, add filters, revert, and make yoyo style or slow motion.
- Export frames
- Select a folder to save the file, or let the program save on your desktop.
- It's just one .exe, portable.
Not only features but also the pros and cons of GIF animation software are required to paint a clear picture for all of you, my readers!
Pros of ScreenToGIF
- It has the great benefit of being accessible through various languages: Portuguese, Spanish, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Greek, French, Simplified Chinese, and many more.
- You can work even while the program is recording.
- You can move the window around to record what you want.
- Shortcut keys can be used using your F keys to Start/Pause and stop your recording.
Cons of ScreenToGIF
- It will take time to understand the program and work on it.
- The major drawback is that it works only on windows.
Pricing of ScreenToGIF
It is free animation software for windows 10, 8, and 7.
- Gif animation
Doratoon Animation Software
No, no! It is Doratoon and not Doraemon, everyone. However, it works like him, like a game-changer for creating captivating whiteboard animations that will not burden your pocket. With its user-friendly interface and pre-built templates, even beginners can produce pro-like videos quickly.
Forget those frustrating and high costs associated with traditional animation methods, and try to create effortless, stunning videos with Doratoon!
Features of Doratoon
- Vast media library.
- AI Intelligent Dubbing.
- Templates for various subjects like business, HR, marketing, etc.
- The tool contains over 8000 actions and facial expressions.
Pros of Doratoon
- A reliable and affordable platform
- Ppt presentations can be easily converted into whiteboard video animations.
- The free version of Doratoon offers various features that users can utilize without paying anything, making it a powerful animation program.
Cons of Doratoon
- It takes time to add text and voice to sync.
- A slow internet connection can lead to delays in using animated videos on the software.
Pricing of Doratoon
- The basic version is free of cost.
- Pro - US$4.94 /mo
- Pro+ - US$18.8 /mo
KeyShot Animation Software
Effective in its name and its work. It's best-suited tool for 3D rendering that anyone can use effortlessly. Now, let us focus on its features, pros, cons, and pricing to understand the tool better and choose the right one.
Features of KeyShot
- CPU Rendering and GPU Rendering
- Option of denoising the background music
- Scientific accurate IOR, dispersion, and subsurface scattering
- Global Illumination
- Feature of HDRI Lighting and Physical Lighting
- Fully available libraries that can ultimately help the user - material library, texture Library, environment library, color library, and 3D model library.
- KeyShot Cloud
- Procedural Textures
- Dynamic Texture Mapping
Pros of KeyShot
- Create fluid animations with real-time playback and updates.
- Quick rendering
- User-friendly 3D animation tool.
Cons of KeyShot
- It is not affordable.
- It has limited geometry modification
Pricing of KeyShot
- KeyShot 9 HD: $995.00 per year
- KeyShot 9 Pro: $1,995.00 per year
- KeyShot 9 Pro Floating: $2,995.00 per year
- KeyShot 9 Enterprise: $3,995.00 per year
- 3D animation
Animaker Animation Software
It is a tremendous online animation software that works effectively and lets you quickly bring your creative ideas to life. Whether you're a professional marketer, educator, or just someone looking to have fun, Animaker has everything you need to create stunning animations to captivate your audience.
Its user-friendly interface allows you to easily create animations in minutes without prior experience or technical skills.
From characters and backgrounds to sound effects and music, Animaker has a vast library of resources. You can even use your assets and create custom animations that perfectly match your brand.
Features of Animaker
- Drag-and-Drop Interface
- Templates and Pre-made Assets
- Storyboard Creation
- Voice Over, Audio Recording, and addition of audio tracks
- Multi-track Timelines
- Animated Charts and Graphs
- Motion Elements and Animated Icons
- Handwriting Animation
- Video and GIF Export
- Collaboration and Sharing Features
Pros of Animaker
- User-friendly and easy to use
- Wide range of templates and assets to choose from
- Can create professional-looking animations without the need for advanced technical skills
- Offers a variety of animation styles and effects
- Integration with popular tools such as Google Drive, Trello, and Dropbox for easy collaboration and sharing.
Cons of Animaker
- Limited animation customization options for some elements
- Some advanced features may be limited for free users
- A limited number of exports for free users
- Not suitable for complex animations and special effects
- Some users have reported technical issues with the software
Pricing of Animaker
- Introductory - US$10/month ($120 / billed Yearly)
- Starter - US$19/month ($228/ billed Yearly)
- Pro - US$49/month ($588 / billed Yearly)
- All types of animations
Moho pro-Animation Software
It is a productive animation creator that amalgamates the powerful house packed with great technological tools and, what should I tell you, all the magical features here only. Please Scroll down to learn more and more about our participation in this blog race.
Features of Moho Pro
- Powerful 2D rigging option available
- Optimized drawing tools
- Smart bones feature to create real characters
- Import files easily from other tools - photoshop, clip studio paint, and many more.
- Complete control over the timeline, graph, and other interpolation modes
Pros of Moho Pro
- Active community to learn and share
- User-friendly 3D animation tool
Cons of Moho Pro
- FBX file support is limited
- Requires a high-configuration system to maintain stability.
Pricing of Moho Pro
It is a good free animation software for windows with a 30-day free trial.
- Moho Debut 13.5 - $59.99
- Moho Pro 13.5 - $399.99
- 2D animation
Gear up to choose the right Animation Software now!
All these 11 animation software have been not only the ones; various others can be additions to your world of animation.
With so many options available, choosing the perfect software for your needs can be confusing. We compiled a list of the top 11 animation software for beginners and professionals that can efficiently run on your windows operating system to bring your brand to life and engage potential customers with video marketing games.
It includes everything from the Autodesk 3Ds Max to the beginner-friendly qStopMotion. So, take a deep breath, and let the animation journey begin!
If you still find something to share or talk about with us, please get in touch with us if you have any questions.