We live in a digital world. Gone are the days when we shared our business cards with potential clients or other organizations. But now, websites have become the digital business card.
Want to share your company details? Share your website.
Want to gain a more broad reach? Well, create a website and share.
Want to incorporate inbound marketing into your digital marketing strategy? Again, create a website with SEO-optimized content.
It won't be far too-stretched to say that websites are a must-have for any business, despite the sector they belong to. But, before you jump into the super-exciting world of websites, let's take a look at some of the mind-blowing website statistics.
40 Mind-Blowing Website Statistics
Take a look at these fantastic website usability statistics, website design statistics, and other website statistics and get a scoop of the latest trends in the exciting world of Websites.
So, let’s get started!
- 2 out of 3 people claim they would instead read beautifully designed content than something presented plainly.
- Around 94% of people revealed that web design is why they rejected a website, irrespective of what was being offered.
- 8 out of 10 site visitors won't engage with your website's content if it fails to display nicely on their device.
- Around 78% of businesses are proactively investing in web design to stand out in the toughest of competition.
- 57% of people won't recommend a business with an ill-designed website.
- Approximately 94% of users judge a website based on whether it's responsive or not.
- About 62% of online businesses boosted sales by creating mobile-friendly websites with responsive design.
- 77% of website agencies strongly believe that a poorly designed website leads to a bad user experience.
- Approximately 94% of negative website feedback is design related.
- Around 44% of potential leads will leave a corporation's website if there is no contact information provided.
- 89%of customers shop with competition after a poor user experience.
- Around 48% of users reveal that if a business' website is not mobile-friendly, they take it as a sign that the industry doesn't care.
- 82% of customers feel more optimistic about a company after reading custom content.
- About 88% of online customers are less likely to return to a website after a bad experience.
- Approximately 51% of people believe "thorough contact information" is the most significant element missing from several company websites.
- 9 out of 10 respondents (95%) approved of the statement that "good user experience just makes sense."
- About 78% of client-side respondents revealed that their organization was extremely devoted to delivering the best online user experience.
Web hosting statistics
- As of January 2021, there were more than 1.83 billion websites on the Internet.
- The most prevalent content management systems (CMS) incorporate – Drupal, Joomla, and WordPress, with WordPress dominating a market share of roughly 60.4%.
- 51.3% of the websites on the Internet don't use a content management system.
- Around 50% of websites are hosted on either Apache or Nginx, both free to use open-source web servers.
- Approximately half a billion dollars is lost every year due to slow websites, with conversion rates dropping by 7% as a result.
- Overall global revenue from web hosting is anticipated to make roughly $66 million in 2021.
- By 2023, global revenue from web hosting is likely to attain a market valuation of $76.2 billion. That means that there's a lot of money to be made in web hosting now and very shortly.
Website loading speed
- Increasing your website loading speed may prevent the loss of 7 percent of possible conversions.
- Around 47% of people expect a web page to load in less than 2 seconds.
- A decrease in site loading speed from 8 to 2 seconds can help convert your visitors into customers by 74 percent.
- Bounce rate increased to 150% when page load time was 8 seconds and 100% when the page took 4 seconds to load.
- A single second of increased page load speed can lead to a drop of 27% in sales.
- While 78% of marketers stated that website optimization results at least somewhat drove their broader marketing campaigns, only 47% of marketers specified that their web design or product development changed due to optimization lessons.
- Over 80% of marketers believe increasing overall conversion is a foremost priority for their website optimization programs.
- 70% of marketers reported they use website optimization lessons to manage offline campaigns and other marketing communications.
- 47% of marketers revealed that their web design or product development truly changed due to optimization lessons.
- Frequent optimization of any website results in a 113% jump in visits and a 117% rise in clicks on that site.
- Around 70% of the total small commercial websites do not have Call to Actions on their home pages.
- About 1/3 of ".com "domain names are unused.
- The maximum-selling domain name recorded was Cars.com, which was sold for an eye-popping $872 million.
- Sale of domain names is a booming industry with a market size of approximately $6 billion.
- The top domain registrar is GoDaddy, with around 24% of the market share.
- After GoDaddy in second place is NameCheap, with 8% of the market share.
Is it safe to say that you are astounded at what you've learned about the exciting world of websites, as well? Numbers perhaps won't tell the whole story, yet they certainly enlighten several aspects of it.
By working according to these website statistics, you can surely boost your website's consumer or user base. The improvement of your client base will undeniably result in generating higher revenues as well as higher popularity.
Keep checking this blog for fresh updates on Website Statistics. As new and exciting website statistics come out, I'll keep on adding to this list.
And if you are planning to get a website for your organization, get in touch with us now.