Web development tools have made considerable progress in only a couple of years. Owing to this progress, we can exploit the power of exceptional libraries to enhance our workflow and benefit from better possibilities when it comes to responsive web design.
From browser plugins to processors that simplify your code, there have never been more opportunities for creating remarkable web applications.
However, with the number of modern web development tools growing practically every day, finding the best software tool to get the job done can sometimes feel overwhelming.
But don't worry! We have created a list of the eight most essential web application development tools to help you get started. If you are a beginner and an aspiring web developer, you are in luck because you know where to start from.
So, let's get started!
8 Web Development Tools You Need in 2023
- The HubSpot CMS is a ground-breaking, versatile platform for creating wonderful websites, landing pages, blogs, lightweight applications, etc.
- It allows you to easily create and manage website pages customized for different visitors and optimized for all devices.
- You can use HubSpot's pre-built website themes that also support custom development. Create a cohesive site without fretting about mismatched designs, logos, or navigations.
- The CMS allows you to update and build webpages without taking help from a developer. With HubSpot, updating changes on the fly has never been simpler.
- It also allows you to optimize your website with ease. You can select up to five variations of a page, and HubSpot will observe and present the best performing one.
- Developers can create websites using their favorite tools, technologies, and workflows.
Visual Studio Code
- VS Code is a lightweight yet powerful source code editor available for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- It also has a rich network of extensions for programming languages like C++, C#, Java, Python, PHP, and .NET.
- Developed by Microsoft, it contains support for debugging, embedded Git control and Github, code completion, and a set of plug-ins to improve user experience and workflow.
- What’s admirable about VS Code is how often it releases new features. It’s a demonstration of how much thought, effort, and interest Microsoft is devoting to the editor, and as the end-users, we get to reap the benefits.
- The editor offers an incomparable developer experience and has a flourishing ecosystem with thousands of 3rd party themes, plug-ins, extensions, and tools offered to help you customize your experience.
- Sublime Text is one of the popular code editors that is a useful tool for web design.
- It is cross-platform and is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Sublime Text is available as both a free version, which is a trial-based and licensed version as well.
- This code editor is written in C++ and python.
- It has been developed and maintained by the Sublime HQ.
- It is one of the best python development tools preferred by python developers worldwide.
- It supports multiple programming and markup languages.
- The command palette feature allows matching keyboard invocation of arbitrary commands.
- Simultaneous editing allows making the same interactive changes to multiple areas.
- Offers Python-based plug-in API
- Allows developers to give project-specific preferences
- Compatible with many language grammars from TextMate
- Chrome DevTools are built within Chrome and can be easily accessed by using ‘Inspect’.
- These tools are perfect for testing designs, diagnosing problems, and editing pages on the go.
- DevTool is a great free tool every web developer needs to know and use.
- It is one of the best web developer tools google has offered.
- It helps you build better and reliable websites faster.
- These tools further provide a report of which assets the page has requested and how much time it took to load.
- DevTools have recently added the Emulate vision deficiencies feature, which enables you to get an idea of how people with different vision deficiencies experience your website.
Note: DevTools is not just limited to Google Chrome. In fact, DevTools is one of the best web development tools firefox has.
- It is a rapid application development tool.
- This IDE is ideal for developing database-driven web applications.
- It is one of the powerful code generators for web developers.
- It allows the designers and programmers a platform to work together in a web design app by separating the presentation and the coding layer.
- With CodeCharge, you can turn any database model into a web application instantly.
- It prints data in detailed and grouped formats, with automatically calculated fields.
- Master templates for pages and panels.
- Built-in full-page design templates.
- This is an ideal option for handling database operations, visual query builder, and security management to protect websites data.
- TestRail is a web-based test management solution suitable for testers, developers, and other stakeholders.
- It helps you in managing, tracking, and organizing the software testing process.
- It follows the concept of centralized test management that empowers smooth communication and rapid task development within the QA team and other stakeholders.
- It manages test cases, test runs, and executes plans.
- It starts the test runs and stores the results.
- It further sends the bug reports to Jira and links the Jira issue IDs.
- It also tracks the test results, activities, and progress.
- It is equipped with a powerful array of integrations and testing tools.
- It has a simple and easy user interface that provides teams with a faster and an intuitive web experience.
- It has a built-in debugger and supports issue trackers like Bug-tracker or FogBugz to report bugs or issues related to each test case’s functionality and usability.
- It further runs test cases of any complexity automatically.
- It also supports the easy management of extensive test cases.
- It is a general-purpose static code analyzer that helps developers analyze and improve their code.
- It allows looking for issues across all the dimensions, along with design and duplication.
- Embold platform can instantly prioritize issues, suggest solutions, and re-factor software if necessary.
- It analyzes, diagnoses, transforms and sustains the software precisely.
- It additionally provides refactoring and debugging support before the deployment.
- It also finds critical code issues before they become roadblocks.
- It integrates seamlessly with GitHub, Bitbucket, and Azure.
- It additionally provides the functionality of automated pull request reviews.
- It further uncovers hard-to-detect anti-patterns.
- It makes the code easy to maintain and less prone to errors.
- You can deploy it within your current Dev-Ops stack, on-premise, or in the cloud privately or publicly.
- It is one of the modern software development tools that help users create, integrate, and automate their business applications.
- Linx is popular among a large number of IT personnel for automating routine tasks and handling high workloads.
- Having a drag and drop feature, it is quite easy to use.
- It provides instant setup with an easy one-step installation.
- It creates back-end processes and web services and hosts them.
- It also supports live debugging.
- It offers thousands of drag and drop programming functions for rapid application development.
- It automates back-end processes via various ways like directory events, timers, and message queues or exposes web services and call APIs via HTTP requests.
The picture of web development is evolving continuously. Present-day developers have a wide range of applications in their tool kits. Therefore, it's critical to stay tuned and updated with all the latest technologies to stay proficient in the business.
As the demands from browser apps continue to become more complicated, web developers progressively need better and more adaptable tools to keep up with the escalating expectations.
Luckily, we’ve never been more spoilt with options. With both established companies and community members competing to build better tools, frameworks, and apps, developers have plenty of options.
Therefore, we have listed out 8 of the most popular and efficient web development best tools that every web developer needs to know about.
We hope you find this article useful. If you feel there’s some other web development tool that we missed, leave a comment below. And in case you have any query regarding web development, get in touch with us!