Can you be a business person, video creator, video editor, sales person, and a content writer, all at once?
Most probably no, because it is less likely to be an allrounder with all these qualities.
Well, it's great to be multi-talented, but let's be real, it's not easy to excel at everything all at once. Instead of juggling, working too hard and not achieving much, you should consider outsourcing.
Yes, you read it right 'outsourcing'. Thus, today we've tried to focus on letting you understand the importance of outsourcing video editing services.
With this we have compiled a list of 11 significant points to keep in mind before outsourcing your video editing services.
11 things to consider before outsourcing Video Editing Services
1. Plan Your Work with Clear Objectives 🎯
- Ensures a clear understanding of project requirements: You should have clear objectives. It can help to communicate with the video editing provider about your project's expectations. This will help them understand your needs and deliver the results you desire.
- Saves time and money: With a clear plan, you can avoid wasting time and money on unnecessary revisions. Also, focus on other essential business tasks. Communicating your expectations can lessen the need for many revisions, which can add to significant costs.
- Helps you select the right video editing service: You can check potential editing partners with clear objectives. This ensures they have the skills and experience necessary to meet your needs.
- Enhances collaboration and teamwork: Choose the best video editing service provider. It helps to have better collaboration. It ensures everyone is on the same page, working towards a common goal. It also reduces misunderstandings and miscommunications.
2. Sources to Find the Right Freelance Editor/Agency 🏦
- Freelance Platforms: There are several freelance platforms, such as Upwork, Freelancer, Fiverr, and PeoplePerHour. These offer a pool of freelance video editors and agencies to choose from. These allow you to filter candidates based on skills, experience, ratings, and portfolios.
- Referrals: You can ask friends, colleagues, or industry peers for recommendations. As they would have before worked with a video editing services company or professional editor.
- Social Media: Social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram can also be great sources to find the right one. You can search for video editing-related hashtags, follow relevant industry pages, or contact editors or agencies.
- Online Directories: There are some industry-specific directories, such as ProductionHUB, Mandy, and ProductionParadise. These allow you to search for candidates based on location, specialty, or service.
- Google Search: You can also conduct a Google search for freelance video editors or agencies. You can browse their websites, portfolios, and reviews. This can be done to understand their skills, experience, and capabilities.
3. Prepare a List of Questions 📝
It's important to ask the right questions to ensure you choose the right online video-editing company or freelancer in 2023. Here is a list of questions to ask before outsourcing video services:
What types of videos do you specialize in editing? (These can include explainer videos, corporate videos, animated videos, social media videos for different platforms, and more)
What is your experience with professional video editing for my industry/niche?
Can you provide examples of your previous work and client testimonials?
What is your editing process, from planning to final delivery?
What is your pricing structure, and what services are included?
What is your day turnaround time for completing a video project?
Do you provide scriptwriting, filming, and post-production editing services?
What are your editing capabilities, including animation, special effects, and color correction?
Do you also provide voiceover services, and what languages are available?
How do you ensure the video editing aligns with my brand messaging and values?
Asking these questions will be helpful. They help you understand the company's capabilities, experience, and approach to video editing. You also can check their pricing structure, turnaround time, and ability to deliver quality work.
4. Consider the Experience 🔢
The video editing company's or freelancer's experience is a critical factor to consider. Here are some reasons why experience is important:
Quality of Work: An experienced and best video editing company or freelancer has the expertise, skills, and knowledge to edit videos that meet your standards. They know how to plan and edit raw videos to create a professional final product.
Technical Knowledge: Experienced video professionals use the latest video editing software. It helps them to edit high-quality videos with advanced editing techniques such as color grading and visual effects.
Industry Knowledge: Hiring a video editing agency or freelancer with experience in your industry or niche is good. They will better understand your target audience and share video editing ideas accordingly.
Time Management: Such freelancers or companies across the globe have a streamlined process to manage time. They can create videos within your timeline and deliver projects on time.
Professionalism: Such professionals are reliable and easy to work with. They understand the importance of meeting deadlines and maintaining open communication with clients.
5. Analyze the Portfolio 📁
Analyzing the portfolio of a video editing agency or freelancer is important to consider before outsourcing video services. Here are some reasons why portfolio analysis is important:
Quality of Work: A video editing portfolio provides examples of the company or freelancer's past work. It allows you to assess their expertise, skill, and creativity level. This helps you determine if they can deliver high-quality videos that meet your standards or exceed your expectations.
Style and Aesthetic: Reviewing can also give you an idea of the editing video company's or freelancer's style and aesthetic. You can also assess if their style suits your target audience and industry.
Diversity of Projects: It helps you determine various things. It includes their experience in editing videos with creative mind that aligns with your requirements.
Creativity: The portfolio reflects the creativity and innovation of the company or freelancer. You can also check their ability to create unique and engaging videos that stand out from the competition.
6. Look for Skills and Creativity 👩🎨
When outsourcing video services, looking for a video editing company or freelancer with the right skills and creativity to meet your requirements is essential. Here are some reasons why skills and creativity are crucial factors to consider:
Expertise and Technical Skills: A professional video editing partner with the right skills can handle every aspect of editing. This ensures that your project is completed and meets your quality standards.
Creativity and Innovation: A skilled company or freelancer will bring their creativity and innovation to the table. It develops fresh and unique ideas and perspectives to make your videos stand out.
Attention to Detail: A company or freelancer with a high skill level will have a keen eye for detail. It ensures that every aspect of your video is polished and professional. This includes everything from framing and lighting to sound and editing.
Adaptability: A skilled company or freelancer is adaptable to changes in the project scope, timeline, or budget. They can ensure that the final product achieves your goals.
Collaboration: A skilled company or freelancer will be an effective collaborator. Thus, will be able to work with you to understand your vision. Also, to provide expert guidance and advice throughout the process.
7. Provides Cost-Effective Services 💰
Cost is an important factor to consider when outsourcing video services. Finding a video editing company or freelancer that provides cost-effective services is essential. Here are some reasons why cost-effectiveness is a crucial factor to consider:
Budget Management: The one that provides cost-effective services ensures that your project stays within budget. This helps you manage your project expenses, ensuring you stay within budget.
Return on Investment: An affordable video editing partner will help you to achieve your marketing goals without breaking the bank. This ensures you get a good ROI from your kind of video project.
Customizable Services: Many companies offer a range of services that can be customized to meet your specific needs and budget. This allows you to pick, choose and pay for the services you need.
Upfront Pricing: A cost-effective company or freelancer will provide transparent pricing upfront. It ensures no hidden fees or surprises. This helps you plan your project expenses and eliminates any ambiguity about the cost.
Competitive Pricing: An affordable partner will provide competitive services. It will ensure you get the best value. This allows you to achieve your marketing goals without compromising quality or creativity.
8. Check for the Availability ⏲️
Availability is another important factor to consider when outsourcing video services. You must ensure that the video editing agency or freelancer you choose is available to work on your project. Here are some reasons why availability is a crucial factor to consider:
Timely Delivery: A video editing partner with limited availability may be unable to deliver the project within your desired timeframe. It can cause delays and impact your marketing efforts.
Communication: Effective communication is key to a successful finished video project. A partner who is unavailable or difficult to communicate with can cause miscommunications and potential delays. Ensure that your chosen partner is available and has clear communication channels.
Flexibility: Availability also relates to the online video editing partner's ability. This is to adapt to circumstances or last-minute changes. Also, the flexibility accommodates any changes or requests and is available to make necessary revisions.
Reliability: A partner with a history of missed deadlines or unavailability can be unreliable. Ensure your chosen partner has a proven track record of meeting deadlines and being available when needed.
Commitment: Availability also reflects the video editing partner's level of commitment to your project. You want to ensure that your chosen partner is committed to delivering a quality video project and can provide ongoing support as needed.
9. Take Trustworthiness into Account 😊
Trustworthiness is an essential factor to consider when outsourcing video services. You want to ensure that your video editing partner is trustworthy and has a reputation. Here are some reasons why trustworthiness is a crucial factor to consider:
Confidentiality: You may need to share sensitive information about your business or marketing strategy. You want to ensure that your editing partner is trustworthy and will keep this information confidential.
Dependability: You want to ensure that the partner you choose is dependable and will deliver the project on time and within budget. You can check their track record and reviews from previous clients to determine their level of dependability.
Professionalism: You need to choose a professional who will conduct themselves in a manner that reflects on your business. Their qualities include clear communication channels, a transparent process, and a commitment to delivering quality work.
Reputation: A trustworthy partner will have a positive reputation in the industry. You can check their reviews and testimonials to see what previous clients say about their experience working with them.
10. Editor's Pricing 💸
Editor’s payment is an important factor to consider before outsourcing editing video services. As it affects your budget and the project's cost. There are two types of payment agreements that can be made with the editor - hourly rate or fixed rate.
- Hourly rate: It means you will pay for the time the editor spends on your project. This can be beneficial if you need to make changes or cancel the project at the last minute, as you will only have to pay for the time spent. But, there is a risk that the project may take longer than expected, as the editor may need more motivation to complete the work.
- Fixed rates: It means paying the editor a set amount per video or the entire project, regardless of the time spent. This can be beneficial if you have a fixed budget and want to avoid unexpected costs. Additionally, editors who are paid a fixed rate are usually more motivated to be efficient and complete the work.
- Extra costs: apart from the editor's payment, it considers any extra costs that may arise during the project. These include
- Thumbnail design
- Stock video and music footage
- Cloud storage
- Video proofing software
- Project management software.
Thus, discussing these costs with the editor to avoid any surprises later on.
11. Have a Clear Contract 📝
A contract is a formal agreement between you and the video editing company or freelance editor outlining the scope of work and other detail. Here are some key points to keep in mind when drafting a contract:
- Scope of Work: This outline includes the specific tasks and deliverables expected from the editor. Also, the length and format of the final video, any revisions, and the timeline for completion.
- Payment Terms: This comprises the payment amount, payment schedule, and payment method. For example, you might agree to pay a deposit upfront and the balance upon project completion.
- Revisions: The contract should outline the number of revisions allowed and the process for requesting post production changes. This helps avoid misunderstandings about revisions in the price and what will need extra payment.
- Confidentiality: If your video contains sensitive information, then the confidentiality clause is important. It will ensure that the professional video editing company or freelancer doesn't share confidential information.
- Ownership: It's important to clarify who will own the final video and any related intellectual property rights. This includes any raw footage, audio recordings, and graphics used in the video.
- Termination: It should outline the process for ending the agreement if either party is unsatisfied with the work or if any other issues arise.
Ready to outsource your Video Editing Services?
Outsourcing professional video editing services can be a great way to save time, money, and effort while still producing high-quality video content. By following the tips we've shared in this blog post, you'll be able to find the right video editing partner and enjoy a seamless collaboration.
Remember, a well-planned video marketing campaign helps your business stand out in a powerful way.
If you still need a helping hand for outsourcing your video editing services, feel free to reach out.