When we talk about making the business website fun, then the first thing that comes to mind is accessibility. If the visitors are able to easily find what they are actually looking for on your website, then it becomes effortless to convert visitors into leads and then into potential customers. That's why organizations are putting their best to make website navigation easy.
Being a website developer, I totally understand how difficult it is to make people find the right answers to their questions without investing huge bucks and time, especially when you have numerous web pages and long content. That's where anchor links come into the picture.
If your website anchor links are created and added properly, then you can easily improve your website navigation. People won't need to scroll endlessly because a single click will take them where they actually wish to. It can be top to bottom, bottom to top, or to some other linked web pages.
Now, before we discuss the process of creating anchor links, let's know more about anchor links.
What is an anchor link? And how to use it?
An anchor link is a link that will take you instantly to a specific part of the page. These anchors are linked to something on a page, whether it's a menu, a CTA button, or even an image.
Basically, they are used to reach a specific location or some particular section of the page. Anchor links are more commonly used in long-scrolling websites.
By generating an anchor on a particular portion of a page, blog, or article, you can add a link to that part of your content. After this, you can add anchor links within the same part of the content to let the visitors reach that section without scrolling.
Well! There are two main ways with which you can use anchors on your website, it includes-
Link elements to an anchor- Here, you can generate an anchor to any element on the web page, such as a particular line of text, a call to action button, or an image.
Once you set the anchor, you can link to that specific section from other elements on your website. A visitor who clicks on these elements will be taken instantly to the relevant anchor.
Create an anchor menu- This way helps to display many anchors of your site in a menu. Suppose you have a large number of anchors on your site, then you can show them all in a floating anchor menu.
This particular web menu follows the visitors as they scroll down on your page, which will ultimately make it super easy for them to navigate your site.
Benefits of using anchor links on websites
Linking a web page with another page is one of the most common and productive marketing techniques used by the team members. That's why every successful website makes the best use of anchor links.
Still, looking for more ways that will inspire you to use anchor links on websites? Have a look….
- Anchor links help in improving the user interface (UI), or user experience(UX) of the website.
- It helps the visitors to skip that part of your website which they might not be interested in without scrolling through all the sections of your page to reach the particular part.
- Moreover, they are used to improve general navigation. It facilitates the navigation between the different sections of the pages.
Now that you are familiar with the term anchor links let's learn more about the anchor creation process.
How to create an anchor in HubSpot?
- If you are a HubSpot user, then just log in to your HubSpot account, navigate to your webpage > blog > landing page, or knowledge base articles.
- Now, take the cursor over your content and click on the Edit option.
- Click on the rich text module; make sure it's where you wish to add an anchor.
- Click on the Insert dropdown menu in the rich text toolbar, and then select anchor from it.
- In the end, just enter a name for your Anchor. Once everything is done, don't miss clicking on the insert tab.
- Once you are done with the creation of Anchor in HubSpot, let's know about the process of creating anchor links.
How to create an anchor link?
After creating the anchor, it's time to insert an anchor link to send your visitors to that section of the page without scrolling throughout the entire website. You can also incorporate links on other pages that will send your visitors directly to the specific section of your page.
- In your HubSpot account, go to your webpage, blog, landing page, or knowledge base articles.
- Just take the cursor over your content and click on the Edit option.
- Just click on the rich text module, where you wish to add an anchor.
- Navigate to the content editor, highlight the text you want to be the hyperlink.
- Click on the link icon by navigating to the rich text toolbar.
- Say if the Anchor you're linking to is on the same page as your link, then click on the link to the dropdown menu.
- Now, select Anchor on this page and click the Anchor dropdown menu and select the Anchor. Also, click on the Insert button.
- Here you need to look if the Anchor you are linking to is on another page, then click on the link to the dropdown menu and select the URL.
- Enter the full URL of the page followed by the # hashtag, followed by the name of the Anchor. Also, make sure you click on the Insert button at last.
In a Nutshell
An anchor link is considered as an invisible line by incorporating on the website; you will see a huge improvement in your website performance. Indeed, many of you might not be familiar with the importance of anchor links, but hopefully, now you know how essential it is to add anchor links to your site.
Also, the steps added above will make you easily insert and manage anchor links, especially on the HubSpot website. Still, if you need any assistance in website development or something related to HubSpot, feel free to contact us.
Editor- Divya Verma