Prospects are those who visit your site but have not yet converted on a form. The prospects tool, through HubSpot tracking code, detects the IP address for each page view. It then surfaces publicly available information about the company associated with the visitor's IP address so you can know more about the visitors to your site.
View your prospects report
- Type Prospects in your HubSpot account's search bar.
- Click Prospects.
- To segment prospects: create filters or use search bar to search for prospects by keywords.
- To hide a prospect: select the checkbox next to the prospect, then click Hide at the top of the table.
- To favorite a prospect: click the star next to the prospect. This will add the prospect to your Favorites filter.
- To add a prospect as a company record in the database: click the '+' to the right of the prospect. Add prospects as company records in bulk, select the checkboxes to their left and click + Add to database at the top of the table.
Customize columns in the prospects tool
- Click the dropdown Actions, then select Edit columns.
- Select the checkboxes next to the properties that you want to include in your prospects tool, then click Save.
See additional details about a prospect
- Click on the prospect name.
- In the right panel:
- Click View in LinkedIn to view the company's LinkedIn profile.
- Click Add a company to create a record for this company.
- Click the company's domain to open the company's website.
- Scroll down and click the Related companies section To see similar companies in the industry. Click a company name to reach the company's website.
Set up prospects notifications
You and your team can also receive notifications related to website visitor activity with the prospects tool. There are two types of notifications for prospects:
- Daily email: receive a daily summary email of the companies that visited your site.
- Revisit notifications: receive a notification in activity feed when a company in this view visits your site.
To enable prospect notifications:
- Your notifications will apply to the currently selected filter. Click Save filters to select an existing filter or click Add filter to create a new filter.
- Click the dropdown Actions, then select Manage Notifications.
- Click the toggle the Daily Email and/or Revisit notifications on to subscribe to the notifications.
- If you're an admin, you can subscribe your team members to notifications.
- Click the Team notifications tab.
- For each notification type, click the dropdown Subscribe team members and select your team members.
- Click Save.
Once the leads start visiting your site, you can review these notifications in the activity feed.