While creating a contact-based workflow, you can also set a workflow goal that will make you to focus on the objective of the workflow and measure the success of the workflow in nurturing contacts.
How workflow goals work
Objective of the contact-based workflow is the workflow goal. When an enrolled contact meets the workflow goal criteria, they are automatically unenrolled from the workflow before the next action takes place.
Common workflow goals include:
- Moving contacts to a new lifecycle stage.
- Contacts taking any action that shows their engagement such as submiting a form, clicks a call-to-action, etc.
- Contacts reaching a number of interactions with your marketing content such as reaching a certain number of page views, form submissions, email clicks, etc.
HubSpot will checks if the contact meets the goal criteria when it is first enrolled in a workflow. If they do meet the criteria, they will not be enrolled in the workflow and will not count towards the workflow's goal conversion rate.
When a contact is active in a workflow and meets the goal criteria, they'll be unenrolled from the workflow. They will count towards the workflow's goal conversion rate if they've been sent a marketing email in the workflow.
Set a workflow goal in contact-based workflow
- Go to Automation > Workflows in your HubSpot account.
- Click the name of your contact-based workflow.
- Click Set goal in the upper left.
- Select and set the goal criteria. Then, click Done.
- To add multiple criteria to the goal, click AND or OR.
- Once done, click Save.