To make calls from the HubSpot calling tool, the user has to register and verify the phone number. You can add multiple phone numbers and manage these phone numbers in your settings.
Register phone numbers
The process for registering a phone number is user-specific; while multiple users can use the same number in your account, each user must register the phone number individually. Before you register a phone number, make sure your country is supported for calling.
- Go to the records in your HubSpot account.
- Click the name of a record.
- Click the call icon in the left panel.
- Click Make a phone call.
- In the new box, enter the phone number and an extension (if applicable).
- Select the SMS message or Phone call radio button to choose how the verification code is delivered to you
- Click Text me or Call me.
You'll receive an SMS message or phone call to verify that you have access to the phone number. Enter the verification code that appears on your screen.
Once this is completed, a confirmation message will appear. In the dialog box, click Back to contact. You can now make calls in HubSpot.
To add additional numbers
- Click the call icon again.
- Click the dropdown From and select Add new phone number.
Set a default phone number
If you have registered additional phone numbers for calling, the first number you added will automatically become the default. To change the default number:
- Click the settings icon in the main navigation bar in your HubSpot account.
- Go to General in the left sidebar.
- Click the Calling tab.
- In the Phone Numbers section, click the star next to the phone number to set as the default.
- Click Delete next to the number to delete the number. Once deleted, the number will no longer be an option for calling.
Reconnect HubSpot calling
If you enabled calling a month ago and have not registered any new numbers or made any calls in the past seven days, the calling tool will be disabled in your account. Before your calling tool is disabled, you'll be notified by email and will have seven days from when you were first notified to opt out of having your calling tool disabled.
To keep your calling tool active, click Keep my calling account activated in the notification email. You will then be redirected to your account's calling settings and will see a notification banner indicating if your calling account is still active.