In HubSpot, you can merge two ticket records into one record.
- Go to Service > Tickets in your HubSpot account.
- Click the ticket name that you want to be the primary ticket record.
- Click the dropdown Actions in the left panel and select Merge.
- Click the dropdown search and search for the ticket you want to merge into the primary ticket. Once you've selected the secondary ticket, click Merge.
- You will get a notification that the merge is in progress. The merging process can take upto 30 minutes.
What happens when the two tickets are merged?
When you merge two ticlets, a new ticket record will be created as a result of the two records. The engagements on their timelines will be merged.
What happens to ticket properties?
Usually, the most recent value for each property is adopted by the new ticket record. However, there are some exceptions:
- Create Date: create date of the oldest ticket will be maintained.
- Ticket id: the new ticket will have a new ticket id which will be different from the primary and secondary tickets.
- Status: the new ticket will adopt the status of the primary ticket.
- Priority: the new ticket will adopt the higher priority. For example, when a Low priority ticket is merged with a High priority ticket, the new ticket will have a High priority.
What happens to existing ticket workflow enrollments?
- The secondary ticket record will be unenrolled from all the workflows.
- The new ticket record will not be enrolled in the workflows that the primary and secondary ticket records were enrolled in.
What happens to associated objects?
Any associated objects will be associated with the new ticket record.