In HubSpot, you can review the performance of your sent marketing emails. You can review its deliverability details and metrics, or even compare its engagement with another email you've sent in the past.
To view the details of an email you've published:
- Go to Marketing > Email in your HubSpot account.
- Click the name of the email that you want to review.
The Performance tab summarizes the data that how your recipients have engaged with your email.
- Open rate: this is the percentage of people who opened your email out of the people to whom the email was sent to.
- Click rate: this is the percentage of people who clicked a link in your email out of the people to whom the mail was sent to.
- Deliverability results: this dashboard list the number of successful deliveries, bounces, unsubscribes, and spam reports. Click any of these metrics to get a detailed breakdown of recipient data.
- HTML click map: this shows a visual breakdown of all your clicked links in the email. To view more detailed click statistics, hover over a particular link.
- Top clicked links: this report shows your top clicked links in the email. Use the tabs in the upper right to view HTML, plain text, or combined links.
- Top engaged contacts: this report shows the contacts that opened or clicked the email. Use the tabs in the upper right to view top engaged contacts by clicks or opens.
The Recipients tab provides a granular view of your email's deliverability and engagement with each contact.
- Sent: contacts on your selected recipient lists minus excluded lists.
- Delivered: communications whose email server sent HubSpot a response stating that the email was delivered.
- Opened: these are the contacts who have opened the email.
- Clicked: these are the contacts who have clicked any link in your email, excluding the unsubscribe or subscription preferences links.
- Bounced: these are the contacts that bounced and didn't receive the email.
- Unsubscribed: these are the contacts who have received the email and opted out of this or all email subscription types. These contacts will be excluded from all future emails.
- Spam reports: these are the contacts who have reported this email as spam to their email provider or manually moved the email from their inbox into their junk folder. These contacts will be excluded from future emails.
- Not sent: these are the contacts who were excluded automatically to protect your email sender reputation.
Compare email performance
You can compare up to ten emails side-by-side to review the deliverability and engagement data between various published and sent emails.
- Click Actions, then select Compare email in the top right of the email Performance page.
- Click the dropdown Select email to compare. Then type the name of the email you want to compare it to.