In HubSpot, you can create four standard objects: contacts, companies, deals, and tickets. You can associate these records together to keep track of the relationships between them.
Associations are always two-way and can be seen in each record in the right panel. Eg. If record A is associated with record B, record B is also associated to record A.
There are different ways to associate records:
- You can also manually associate a record to another.
- You can set contact records to automatically be associated to company records.
To manually associate a record with another
- Go to your contacts, companies, deals, or tickets in your HubSpot account.
- Click the name of the record that you want to associate with others.
- In the right panel, locate the object section and click Add.
- You can either create a new record to associate to the contact, or associate an existing record to the contact.
- To create a new record to associate the ticket to: click the tab Create a new [record], enter information in the fields, and click Create.
- To associate an existing record: click the tab Add existing [record], search for the record, and select the checkbox next to the record in the search results. Click Save.
To automatically associate a record with a company record
- Click the settings icon from the main navigation bar in your HubSpot account.
- Go to CRM > Contacts & companies in the left sidebar menu.
- Click on the tab Companies.
- Click to toggle Automatically create and associate companies with contacts to switch it on.
- To opt-out a specific domain from the automatic association, click on Opt a domain out of automatic association.
- A new window Automatic associations opt-out will be opened.
- Type the domain name.
- Click Save.