Email threading allows you to create sequences so that the contacts receive sequence emails in a single conversation rather than creating separate, individual conversations for each email.
Enable by default for all contacts
- Go to Automation > Sequences in your HubSpot account.
- Click the name of the sequence that you want to edit.
- Click Edit on the sequence summary page.
- Click the Settings tab on sequence editor.
- Switch on the toggle Thread emails as replies to the first email.
Enable for an individual contact
- Go to Contacts > Contacts in your HubSpot account.
- Click the contact you want to enroll in your sequence.
- Click the Email tab and then click Create Email.
- Click Sequence in the new box.
- In the new box that open, select the sequence.
- In the new box, sequence that you selected will appear. Click the dropdown Settings. There switched on the toggle Thread emails as replies to the first email.
- Click Save.
- Review the sequence and make any further customization as per requirement, then click Start sequence at the bottom.
Emails in this sequence will now appear as part of a continuous conversation in this contact's inbox instead of separate email threads. You can expect it to look like threading does in a normal email thread.