In HubSpot, by creating a smart form, you can change an entire form depending on the website visitor and their viewer characteristics. The smart rules can be based on the following criteria types:
- Country: display content to the viewer based on their country. The country is determined by visitor's IP address.
- Device type: define which device the smart content is centered around (mobile, tablet, or desktop).
- Referral source: show the smart content to the visitors based on how they discovered your site.
- Preferred language: personalize the content based on the language set within the user's web browser.
- Contact list membership: show a contact present in your HubSpot database, certain content depending on whether or not they're a member of one of your HubSpot lists.
- Lifecycle stage: display the relevant content based on the lifecycle stage property of a contact in your HubSpot database
Create a smart form on landing page or website page
- Go to the landing pages or website pages in your HubSpot account.
- Hover over an existing page and click Edit.
- Click the form module in the content editor.
- Click +Add smart rule in the left panel.
- Click the dropdown Show different content based on and select the criteria to base your smart content rules on, in the right panel.
- In the Smart rules section, click + Add smart rule.
- Configure the smart rules. To add another smart rule, click + Add smart rule.
- Click Save.
- Edit your form options in the left panel. Use the dropdown Editing for to configure the form for each smart rule.
- Once finished editing, click Apply changes.
- Click Publish in the upper right, to take your changes live.