Forms are useful to gather information about your visitors. In HubSpot, you can effortlessly create forms and add them to your HubSpot pages or an external site.
Create a form
- Go to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms in your HubSpot account.
- Click Create form in the upper right.
- Select Regular form.
- Click Next.
- Select Blank template or a pre-made template. The form preview for a selected template will appear in the right side.
- Click Start.
- At the top of the form editor, click the pencil icon at the top of the form editor to edit the form name.
Add and edit form fields
- Use the search bar to search for a field, or browse through your property groups.
- You can also create a new contact property and use it as a field on the form. Type the property name you want, click Create new field and select the kind of property field you want. Enter the property details in the Create new property window.
- Drag and drop fields on the form preview to include them on the form.
- You can also create a ticket from each form submission. Click the toggle Automatically create tickets switch on. Select the conversations inbox to for form submissions to be sent to. There your team can respond to a customer's question.
- To edit a field's display options, click the field name in the form. In the left side, edit the field's options as required.
- You can also add rich text areas between form fields to add customizable text, create headers, or add spacing to your form.
Create a follow-up email
- Click the Follow-up tab from the top to create a follow-up email that a visitor will receive after submitting the form. (this is an optional action)
- Click Create a follow-up email.
- On the right side of the window, customize the details of the follow-up email.
Customize your form options
- What should happen after a visitor submits this form: choose to display a thank you message or redirect your visitors to another page after they submit the form.
Follow-up options: select the Send submission email notifications to the contact's owner checkbox and a notification will be sent to the contact's owner automatically.
Send submission email notifications to: click the dropdown to select the default teams or individuals to send submission email notifications to.
Form and error message language: select the language for default field labels and errors displayed to visitors who don't fill out the form correctly.
Always create contact for new email address: select this option to create a new contact record for every submission with a unique email address. If the email address submitted is already in the database, the details on the existing record will be updated.
- Add link to reset the form: This option removes any pre-populated content on the form and creates a new contact on submission.
- Pre-populate contact fields with known values: This option control whether contact fields pre-populated with known information when a contact returns to your site.
Style and preview the form
Click the Style & Preview tab at the top. A preview of the form will be there in the right panel.
- Input options: select one of four available themes for field and button styles.
- Style: customize the form's width, fonts, and colours.
- Test: if you have progressive profiling or dependent fields on this form, you can test how they'll appear to your visitors.
Publish the form
Click Publish in the top right. This will take your form live and make it available for use on HubSpot pages. You can also embed your form on an external website or share it as a standalone page. Copy the link from Embed and paste it to your website pages, or share the form with contacts by sending them the link from Share link.