You can add anyone as a contact in your HubSpot account who interacts with your business. For example, visitors that convert on a form, a visitor who contacted your team through chat, or a potential customer that you or your team met during an event.
A good contact database will allow your team to easily record and retrieve information on them, keeping everyone updated.
There are different ways to create contacts in HubSpot:
- Importing a list of customers into the CRM.
- When a visitor fills in and submits a HubSpot form, a contact record will be created in HubSpot automatically.
- You can create a contact manually or automatically through the conversations tool.
- When a HubSpot user sends a tracked and logged email to a prospect, a contact is created automatically.
Create Contacts manually
If a prospect interacts with your business other than the above-mentioned way, you can also create contacts manually:
- Go to Contacts > Contacts in your HubSpot account.
- Click Create contact in the upper right.
- Enter the properties of the contact in the right panel.
- Once you've filled in the contact's name and email, additional fields will appear.
- Click Create contact.
- If you want to create another contact after this one, click Create and add another instead.