Customer Effort Score (CES) is used to measures the ease of a user's customer support experience. CES is based on a seven-point scale ranging from Strongly Agree to Strongly disagree. You can create and conduct a customer support survey to let your customers core their experience with one of your support representatives.
Set up a Customer Support Survey
- Go to Service > Feedback Surveys in your HubSpot account.
- To create a customer support survey, hover over the Customer Support card and click View Feedback.
- Click Edit Survey in the top right corner.
Customize the branding and appearance of your survey:
- Click the Survey language dropdown menu and select the language you want the survey to be in.
- Select the Company Name the recipient will see in the survey question and email footer.
- Set the From name and From address for the survey. Any name and address of any user in your account can be selected.
- Enter the subject line. You can also insert a personalization token in the subject.
- Click the toggle the Featured image switch on and click Replace.
- Choose a default colour or a customize the colour.
- In the right panel, preview the email or website survey.
- Click the Feedback tab to continue
In the left panel, customize the follow-up questions based on the score they gave.
- Click the Difficult, Neutral, and Easy tabs to customize the thank you message for each type of response. In each tab:
- Click the 1 - 3 Difficult and write the message for customers who gave a low score.
- Click the 4 - 5 Neutral and write the message for customers who gave a neutral score.
- Click the 6 - 7 Easy and write the message for customers who gave a high score.
- Click the ThankYou tab to continue
Customize the thank you message that a customer will see after submitting the survey response:
- Click the Unhappy, Neutral, and Happy tabs to customize the thank you message for each type of response. In each tab:
- Write a header for your thank you message in the Header text.
- Write a thank you message in the Body text.
- Preview the thank you messages in the right panel.
- Click the Recipients tab to continue.
Choose who gets the survey:
- Select Immidiately to send the survey as soon as the ticket closed.
- Select Add delay to add a delay to the survey email send as the ticket closes. Click the dropdown to select days or hours for the delay.
- Click the dropdown Who gets notified about new survey responses? and select users and/or teams to receive submission notifications via email.
- Click the Automation tab to continue.
- To set up follow-up actions based on survey responses, click Create workflow below the 1 - 3 Difficult, 4 - 5 Neutral, and/or 6 - 7 Easy sections.
- Select the Create workflow to create a workflow. choose the actions from the right panel.
Preview and Publish
- Preview how your survey will appear on the desktop, tablet, and mobile, from the Preview button.
- Send yourself a version of an email survey or view the survey on a test web page from the Test survey button.
- Once done with the settings, click Review and Publish.
- Click Publish to take your survey live.