Use the contact analytics tool to break down your contacts by source, lifecycle stage, country, create date, or activities. Analyze trends for a specific list, saved filter, or across your entire contact database.
- Go to Reports > Analytics Tools in your HubSpot account.
- Click Contact Analytics.
- Date range: filter data, based on the contact Create Date value, to a specific time range.
- Click Export on the right side, to export the data.
- Click Save as report on the right to save the chart as a report in the report list.
- Click the dropdown List or saved filter to select a list or saved filter to limit the contact data to.
- Click the dropdown menu in the upper left of the chart to select the metric you want to view in the chart.
- Source: analyze the original source of the contacts.
- Lifecycle stage: analyze how the contacts are classified across lifecycle stages in the buyer's journey.
- Country: analyze the contacts by country.
- Create date: analyze the contacts by create date.
- Activities: analyze the contacts by their activities such as the number of marketing email opens and clicks, clicks on social links, tracked visits to your website, and conversions on the HubSpot forms.
- Click the dropdown Style in the upper right of the chart, and select the type of chart you want to use for analysis.
The table displays the metric selected in the chart.
- Click the Count of contacts to view the contacts included in each segment of your report. In a new box:
- Click a contact name to open its contact record in a new window.
- Click Use in list to create a new list with these contacts, or add them to an existing list.
- Click Export to email a file with these contacts.
- Click Go to Contacts to go to contact home.