In HubSpot, you can connect the form as a channel in your conversation inbox to receive submissions to a form in your conversations inbox. Whenever a visitor submits a form, you can respond to their inquiry from your inbox like you will respond to an email. You can also create a corresponding ticket for the visitor's request.
Connect a form
- Go to Conversations > Inbox in your HubSpot account.
- Click Inbox Settings on the lower left side of the screen and then select Channels.
- Click Connect a channel.
- Click Forms.
- Select Connect an existing form or Create a new form.
- Click Next.
Connect an existing form
Customize the existing form's routing rules and associated ticket properties.
- Click the Select a form dropdown menu and select an existing form.
- Click Next.
- By default, incoming submissions are left unassigned for your team to triage. To assign conversation to specific users and team members, click to toggle the Automatically assign conversations switch on.
- Click the dropdown Automatically assign incoming conversations to to select Specific users or contact owners.
- Click Save.
Your form is now connected. When a visitor submits the form, the submission will appear in the inbox where you can respond to the customer's inquiry.
Create a new form
You will be redirected to the form editor where you can set up your form.
- At the top of the form editor, click the pencil icon edit to edit the form name.
- Set up your form fields and form options.
- By default, submissions to this form will create a ticket. Edit the form fields that appear. The following fields will be automatically included:
- First name
- Last name
- Issue (Ticket Name)
- Details (Ticket Description)
- Ticket Pipeline (hidden field; appears as hs_pipeline)
- Ticket Status (hidden field; appears as hs_pipeline_stage)
- Click Update Form.
- By default, incoming submissions are left unassigned for your team to triage. If you want to route the conversation to specific users and team members, click to toggle the Automatically assign conversations switch on.
- Click the dropdown Automatically assign incoming conversations to to assign the conversation to specific users or contact owners.
- To edit the default ticket properties click Edit ticket next to the Treat incoming conversations as support tickets setting. Edit the properties in the right panel.
- Click Save.
Manage and edit connected forms
Once you connect a form to the inbox, you can edit the form fields or routing rules, or connect another form to the inbox.
- Click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar in your HubSpot account.
- Go to Inbox > Inboxes.
- Click the dropdown Current view if you have multiple inboxes set up in your account and select an inbox to modify.
- You'll see a list of channels that are connected to this inbox, included any connected forms.
- To edit a connected form's routing rules or ticket properties, hover over the form and click Edit.
- Automatically assign conversations: click to toggle the switch on to automatically assign conversations to specific team members.
- To edit the form's field or options, hover over the form and click the dropdown Options, then select Manage form.
- To delete the form, hover over the form and click the dropdown Options, then select Delete.
- To disable a support form click to toggle the Status switch off.
- If you want to connect another form, in the upper right, click Connect a channel.