You can create a chatflow with a bot in HubSpot to connect with your website visitors. The bot will show up as a chat widget on the website page where a visitor can chat with you or your team members.
The bot can help you to capture leads, schedule meetings, or can create a support ticket by sending a series of questions and automated responses. You can also use the chatbot to collect information about the visitor before a team member starts the conversation.
To start a conversation with a visitor in real-time, you can create a chatflow with live chat.
To create Chatbot
- Go to Conversations > Chatflows in your HubSpot account,
- Click Create chatflow.
- Select Website.
- From the Bots section, select a bot template:
- Concierge bot: select this template to guide visitors to the right team based on their reason to start the conversation.
- Qualify leads bot: select this template to collect information about the visitor and the reason why they are visiting your site.
- Meetings bot: select this template to help visitor schedule the meeting using a meeting link. t
- Tickets bot: select this template to collect information about a visitor and create support tickets so that your team can respond later.
- Knowledge base + support bot: (for Service hub Professional or Enterprise only): use this template to share knowledge base articles with visitors. It then gives them the option to reach to your team or submit a ticket if they still need help.
- Offline bot: (for Sales Hub or Service Hub Professional and Enterprise only): use this template to direct the visitors to your available team members so they can start a conversation right away. If the team is unavailable, you can collect the visitor's email so your team can reach out to him later. Select the users and teams whose availability will define the bot’s flow, before using this template,
- Start from scratch: create your own bot from scratch using different bot actions.
- Click Next.
- From the left side, select the chat inbox and the language:
- If you have set up multiple inboxes in your account then click the dropdown Inbox and select an inbox to connect the chatflow to.
- Click the dropdown language to change the language of chatflow.
- If you are creating a Concierge bot or a Meetings bot, to choose the meeting link to be shared with the visitor, click the dropdown Meetings link.
- If you are creating a Knowledge base + live support bot or an Offline bot, click the dropdown Select inbox users to determine which users receive incoming messages.
Create a welcome message that will greet your visitors.
- Click theWelcome message step in the bot template.
- In the Welcome message window, enter the message and then click Save.
- To change a bot action, click the options in the bot template. In the right window:
- You can edit the bot action.
- If you want to customize the flow of the bot conversations, click the If/then branches tab.
- Click Save.
- To add a new question, click + icon.
- You can route this conversation to a specific team member. Click the + icon, then select Send to team member.
- In the New action window:
- Name the action.
- Click the dropdown to automatically assign the bot conversation to specific users or contact owner.
- Create the messages to display on the chat widget when the team member is available or away or if the bot conversation is unassigned.
- In the New action window:
- Click Save.
- Click the Alerts button in the top left to reconnect any actions that became disconnected when editing your bot's flow.
- When the bot's actions are done, you'll see all the action in the bot's path in a single view. Using Go to action search bar in the upper left you can view and make changes to if/then branch logic, edit an individual action's settings, or search for a particular action.
- From the top right, click Preview to see what the bot will look like on the website.
- Click Save at the bottom.
- To continue, click Target tab in the left sidebar.
Decide when the bot should appear.
- Website URL: To show up the chatbot when a visitor is on a specific website URL:
- Click the first dropdown and select Website URL.
- Click the second dropdown menu and select a targeting rule.
- Enter your rule criteria.
- To add a rule, click Add rule.
- To exclude the bot from certain pages, click Add exclusion rule.
Visitor information and behavior: From this section, you can target your bot to specific contacts based on the initial information you have about your visitors:
- Click the first dropdown and select a filter.
- Click the second dropdown and select the criteria.
- To add a rule, click Add rule and to add an exclusion rule, click Add exclusion rule.
- To exclude the pop-up form on certain pages, click Add exclusion rule.
- To create another filter group, click Add filter group.
Customize the bot appearance
- Display options: By default, the brand name that is set in the account's branding settings will display as the chat heading. You can edit the chat heading by editing the name in the Chat heading. To change the image, hover over the image, and click Change photo.
- Chat display behavior: You can customize how the chatflow will appear to targeted visitors for desktop and mobile.
- Triggers: Decide when the chatflow should appear to visitors. The selected trigger will apply on desktop, tablet, and mobile.
Customize additional options for the bot
- Typing delay between messages: Set a delay between each message that is sent to visitors.
- Session timeout: To set the time that should pass before the chat session is reset to the beginning.
- Generic error message: To set the response visitors to see when a chat request fails.
- Language: Change the bot's display language
Availability: Set when this chatflow should display depending on your team's availability.
Data privacy & consent:
- Consent to collect chat cookies: click the toggle to switch on for the consent to collect the cookies.
- Consent to process data: click the toggle to switch on to ask the consent of your customer to process his personal information.