In your HubSpot account, you can associate contacts with companies by matching the domain in a contact's Email address to the company's Company Domain Name.
For example, the contact with the email address "firstname.lastname@example.org" will be associated to the company with the Domain Name "testing.com".
With the setting toggle turned on, HubSpot will automatically generate a company record and feed it with information from HubSpot's database if the company record doesn't already exist in the there.
If the contact has a freemail email account like gmail.com, HubSpot will also look at the contact's Website URL property to attempt to match the contact with a company's domain name.
You can also opt-out a specific domain from this automatic association.
How to enable automatic association between contacts and companies
To enable the automatic association between contacts and companies:
- Click the settings icon from the main navigation bar of your HubSpot account.
- Go to CRM > Contacts & companies in the left sidebar menu.
- Click on the tab Companies.
- Click to toggle Automatically create and associate companies with contacts to switch it on.
- To opt out a specific domain from the automatic association, click on Opt a domain out of automatic association.
- A new window Automatic associations opt out will be opened.
- Type the domain name.
- Click Save.