Digital Marketing is continually developing and considered as one of the most lucrative industries in the contemporary world.
Digital Marketing as a career has extensive opportunities and skills are in high demand. Freshers are in dilemma what job opportunities they can have after passing college.
But first, let’s take a closer look at what are some of the challenges are facing by digital marketing executives and professionals and the skills they need to master and understand.
Read the excerpt below to know the Digital Marketing skills
Search Engine Optimization(SEO)
An SEO candidate would perform various task to rank their website like Link Building, Content Optimization, embedded related keywords to their content will also increase the page traffic and a lot of visitors come to the site which improves the organic search results.
SEO skills are always on the top of the list. SEO practices are varying with the changes in the Google search algorithm.
SEO executive is in demand and enterprises hunt for best suited-candidate. You don’t need any special degree to get into this domain. Skills required for the SEO profile are:
- Knowledge of SEO
- Plan and execute a marketing campaign
- Creative thinking
- Analyze the website traffic, insights.
- Generate creative Ideas
Social Media Marketing
This is a vast domain. You need to understand the various social network and tools to get into this field. Your business won’t survive without a strong social media presence, you need to work on social strategy and build social media campaigns to improve your brand awareness and build a strong relationship with your targeted audience
- You should know the best time to share a post, run campaigns.
- One should know how to create user-generated content.
- Building and creating a social media strategy.
- Generate Content including image, video, text image edit those and publish it on daily basis.
There are many free tools available in the market before jump into that understand the technology.
- Insights Google Analytics
Email is considered as one of the most powerful marketing tools these days. Email marketing helps in the whole process of marketing from driving leads to nurturing them to convert them into potential prospects and increase your sales.
Moreover, it is one of the efficient and cost-effective ways to reach business goals and communicate with your customer.
One should know how to create email marketing campaigns to promote the brand, skills required such as:
- Develop a personalization strategy
- Track and analyze marketing campaign
- Proofread emails, Grammarly, correction
- Email Marketing and Automation Platform:
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Content is the base for every marketing strategy, a content marketer should know how to manage blogs, Social media content, Optimize website content and other SEO content.
Should have knowledge of Video content, email communication, ebook publications, Good writing skills and much more.
The responsibility of Inbound Marketers is managing the marketing strategy. They work on whole Content and there work is similar to content marketing.
- Keyword Research and Development
- Develop strategies for growth
- Organize a meeting with the clients
- Work on Campaigns
- Test and analyze data, the content of landing pages to increase ROI.
- Make Report
Analytics is an essential factor in digital marketing. With analytics, one can track data, useful insights and compare against your marketing objectives. This allows you to see the progress of your website and improve an ROI measurement of the business.
Google Analytics is a primary tool for marketers which they must use to analyze the insights that provide the instant status of your website’s health.
Skills required for Web analyst would be:
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to analyse, model and interpret data
- Good communication skills
- Adaptation skills
- Data Visualization skills